ADARA Axis vSwitch supports multiple merchant silicon platforms, enables dynamic customized data and control planes, features OpenFlow protocol support, and provides multiple extensions for enhanced virtualization.
Axis is an Open Flow Switch, built on a decoupled HAL (Hardware Abstraction Layer) to support multiple Merchant Silicon platforms.
ADARA Axis is the industry’s highest performing vSwitch;
ADARA Axis supports Layer 2 Multipath and integrates with the ADARA Sirius Net-visor.
Ease of Configuration and Monitoring
ADARA Axis supports ADARA Echo Topology Visualization, centralized interface for administration and monitoring of all vSwitches throughout the Data Center.
ADARA Axis supports dynamic, zero-touch configuration via ADARA Horizon.
Extensive Switching Features
ADARA Axis includes the following features:
Powerful SLA Management
- inbound traffic shaping
- inter-VM communication visibility via NetFlow, sFlow(R), IPFIX, SPAN, RSPAN, and GRE-tunneled mirrors
- Support for link aggregation through LACP (IEEE 802.1AX-2008)
- Standard 802.1Q VLAN model with trunking
- Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD) and 802.1ag link monitoring
- STP (IEEE 802.1D-1998)
- Fine-grained QoS control
- Hierarchical fair-service curve (HFSC) queuing discipline
- Per-VM interface traffic policing
- NIC bonding with source-MAC load balancing, active backup, and L4 hashing
- IPv6 support
- multiple tunneling protocols (VXLAN, IPsec, GRE and VXLAN over IPsec)
- multi-table forwarding pipeline with flow-caching engine
- remote configuration protocol with C and Python bindings
- Kernel and user-space forwarding engine options