Driving Business Growth through Expanded Capabilities
ADARA Networks Cloud Computing solutions deliver true cloud functionality and capabilities to enable complete knowledge and performance of all IT elements in real time. These solutions facilitate the coordination and directed execution of all IT elements, with complete knowledge:
- Vertically. From the physical to the link, network, transport, and application layer
- Horizontally. From packet cradle to grave
Cloud Computing is automated, dynamic computing and networking. Cloud Computing allows an end user to create, launch, and terminate any software and any service – and to do so from anywhere, at any time.
Cloud Computing enables pay-as-you-go computing; by using only what is needed, computing and services can be essentially “rented”; the on demand capacity basis of Cloud Computing enables an automatic increase in computing resource supplies as computing demand increases.
True Cloud Computing is only possible when systems dynamically and intelligently manage themselves in response to user demands and system conditions.
Today, existing systems are static; these systems can monitor, measure, and report, but static systems cannot make the thousands of dynamic run-time, real-time responses that deliver true Cloud Computing.
Cloud Computing and Common SDN
Common SDN has significant limitations; lack of production level quality, products of limited focus and capability, lack of clear compelling value. Cloud Computing has been limited in part to the limitations of Common Software Defined Networking; until now.
Industry recognizes SDN stops at the VM layer; however Services run inside the VMs. ADARA recognizes this and has engineered a solution for this --ADARA CloudFabric.
ADARA CloudFabric enables Services Choreography and Infrastructure Orchestration which extends all the way to the Application and Services as well as Virtual and Physical Infrastructure. CloudFabric also implements SDN Applications for monitoring and configuration at the Application and Services Layers through industry standard protocols.
ADARA CloudFabric Cloud Management Platform
ADARA CloudFabric integrated with OpenStack enables true Cloud Computing and Networking. ADARA’s CloudFabric simply and easily delivers the most advanced Services Choreography and Infrastructure Orchestration available.
Single Pane of Glass
CloudFabric with integrated OpenStack is built into a Single Pane of Glass Management Window with ADARA’s SKY SDN Controller, browser based, compatible with any browser. Users and Administrators do not need to switch between GUI's or Applications to configure their network. All OpenStack features are available through the CloudFabric GUI.
ADARA CloudFabric exposes REST APIs (industry standard) for automation; and features in-sync with OpenStack Service Chaining through OpenFlow based configuration and ADARA’s intuitive GUI for workflow creation.
This delivers a Single Pane of Management for all Services. CloudFabric has Preconfigured Services of ADARA VNF/NFVs, along with support for any third party or open source Service or Virtual Function. Advanced Service Chaining for pre-created services include:
- ADARA Smart Load Balancing
- ADARA Smart Network Balancing
- Intrusion Detection/Prevention
- L/L3 (Switching, Routing)
- WAN Virtualization
- WAN Acceleration
- WAN Optimization
- Any L, L3, L4, L7 based Service Chaining
- And much more
ADARA Policy based Computing and Networking: Policy creates Configurations Provisioning and Rules
CloudFabric enables simultaneous execution of a Service, an Administrator or their designee (e.g. Super User) can invoke, coordinate and execute:
- Policy (CloudFabric)
- Provisioning (OpenStack)
- Rules (Controller)
ADARA Differentiator: Physical Underlay and Virtual Overlay Configuration and Provisioning
OpenStack manages Virtual Networks, while this is valuable, in reality networking and computing are limited to the capacities and performance of the physical network. This is why Hypervisors, especially systems that have proprietary embedded vSwitches are being bypassed by technologies such as SR-IOV; Hypervisor based virtualization schemes are limited and ineffective due to latency and emulation overhead.
OpenStack is limited to Virtual Networking. ADARA has raised the level of Cloud Computing. ADARA CloudFabric delivers fully automated concurrent management of all:
A. Physical Underlay Networking
B. Virtual Overlay Networking
ADARA CloudFabric concurrently:
Automated VM Migrations and Networking
ADARA CloudFabric enables automated VM Initialization, Migration, and Termination, with Auto provisioning of the overlay and underlay network; for any Hypervisor and any OpenFlow or OVSDB capable hardware.
ADARA In band management for VM Migration and Layer 2, 3 Gateways
- ADARA Virtual Machine Migration is via in band management for high performance; it is not simply via the management network which is the native implementation in OpenStack.
- ADARA also supports automated creation of Layergateways and Layer 3 gateways, for Hybrid and Public Cloud Computing.
Administrator’s and Super Users can program configure and provision Physical Underlay and Virtual Overlay from the same GUI.
ADARA Zero Touch
ADARA True Zero Touch enables true Zero Touch discover, configuration and provisioning:
- Auto Discoverable Underlay of the Physical Layer, 3 Networks
- AutoProvisioned Underlay of the Physical Layer 2, 3 Networks
- Auto Discoverable Overlay of the Virtual Layer, 3 Networks
- AutoProvisioned Overlay of the Virtual Layer 2, 3 Networks
- Auto Discoverable Bare Metal Servers
- Auto Discoverable Topologies; any topologies
- Auto Discoverable Dynamic Changes in Topologies, Network Performance, Switches, Hosts and enables dynamic real time policy based response to any changes.
- Merges Auto Operation of Underlay and Overlay Networks with MPLS, VxLAN or NVGRE based fabric with Zero Communictaion overhead
ADARA CloudFabric and ADARA SKY enabled with ADARA Dynamic Link State Protocol (DLSP)
ADARA CloudFabric and ADARA SKY enabled with ADARA Dynamic Link State Protocol (DLSP) enables real time fully Zero Touch automated Cloud Computing and Networking based upon performance, as well as any definable variables, parameters and metrics.
ADARA CloudFabric Identity and Role based Keystone User Management and Authentication
ADARA CloudFabric Identity and Role based Keystone User Management and Authentication is simple, extremely easy to configure and bypass the difficulties of native OpenStack Keystone authentication system.
ADARA has built:
- An API wrapper which abstracts all the complexities for the enduser
- A conformed way to be restassured of a secured access to the network/system
- Compute Resource Monitoring exposed through our Cloud Fabric GUI
- A TopDown Management hierarchy
- Super User (Cloud Infrastructure Admin)
- Tenant/Resource Allocation
- Role based User/Tenant Association for Tenant Self Provisioning
- Microisolations for per tenant / per user security and configuration
Accounting and Charging
ADARA CloudFabric implements full Resource monitoring, reporting and charging via OpenStack Ceilometer, as well as ADARA Service Level Agreement Manager (ADARA SLAM).
SDN and Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
Enterprises seek to invest in products, not projects, and they need results, not promises. SDN promises a whole new class of Service Level Agreements (SLAs); and SDN needs to deliver.
Traditional Service Level Agreements
Traditional Service Level Agreements (SLAs) offered by service providers or internal enterprise IT staffs teams are limited; they revolve around already deployed workloads that are typical in traditional computing and networking such as:
- Mean Time between Failures (MTBF)
- Mean Time to Repair/Mean Time to Recovery (MTTR)
In modern/cloud computing and networking, workloads need to be dynamically created, deployed, provisioned and scaled as services are dynamically created and expanded from on-premise to cloud based service. Automated, dynamic service creation, velocity and scaling are key requirements.
ADARA Software Defined Networking and Service level Agreements
ADARA SDN enables a new type and level of SLAs; performance guarantees, fully automated, with real time enforcement of dynamically managed workloads, based upon any policy, any managed variable, including both operational and operating expense (OPEX) variables, specific to any application or service.
ADARA Horizon Service Level Agreement Manager (SLAM)
Customers have defined cost reduction as the most important reason for SDN; interfacing Application and Services need with dynamic configuration/reconfiguration of Infrastructure and Networking must yield better resource utilization, cost reductions, and improved profitability. Simply interfacing applications with network infrastructure has consequences; if there is no intelligent management applications will be unaware of network resource constraints, and resource reservations made by other applications.
- ADARA Service Level Agreement Manager (SLAM) is a more than the traditional network monitoring/management tools.
- ADARA SLAM provides an automated intelligent SLA-driven Control Plane:
- Ability to not just monitor the SLAs, but to enforce SLAs by performing well defined automated actions. Ability to enforce any set of policies
- Ability to based reconfigure not just ADARA, but any 3rd party Software and hardware to meet SLA’s
- Ability to have contingent, even custom policies; executable should a condition be met
- Ability to provide just-in time resource provisioning; essential in highly dynamic compute and network environments
- Ability to monitor and enforce more than performance SLAs; the ability to manage anything including security, utilization, availability, cost and any business SLAs.
Learn more about the products behind ADARA Cloud Computing solutions.